Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Looking forward to summer albums!

Here is a few pages from Cade and Tosha's album. The wheat was out in Richmond and the wedding was at the Logan Temple and the Old Rock church outside.
The Old Rock Church has a great outdoor venue now which I am happy about because I have never been fond of shooting inside that building. My favorite reception halls in Cache Valley are The Riter Mansion and The Alumni House at USU. Both have outdoor and indoor capabilities in case of bad weather. More importantly they both have great lighting in the evening. I should also mention that I like to shoot at Sherwood Hills in the Summer. It is great, even lighting.
So just a tip: Lighting is everything in photography and you can have the most beautiful place on earth to take pictures and if the lighting is crummy, the pictures won't be as pleasing( They won't be crummy because we can compensate for bad lighting). I have always appreciated when a bride consults me on locations and times because they both can make my job really easy or really difficult. More importantly the pictures can be so beautiful in favorable lighting conditions. I have yet to find a photographer who has been able to control the sun!






No comments: