Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day

We are all green here at our house, not in the sense that the world uses the term going green but literally we are clad in green. My kids are scared out of their minds of leprechauns! Sami saw one last year. We have a beautiful neighbor who is in her 70's who told the kids that she has a leprechaun named Jolly the Jelly Leprechaun (I have done a spell check on each time I spell leprechaun and I haven't got it right yet) and he eats jelly. The kids put some jelly out and I went and made jelly footprints all over the porch. The kids have been real jumpy on St Patty's ever since.
Anyway, I took all these pictures yesterday. These ones of Jack are in my living room. Move the couch and voila, we have a studio. I have taken a lot of client's portraits against that wall. I always wonder if my clients think I am ghetto when I move the couch and find treasures under the couch like candy and pennies and crayons that have been there forever. In fact, I have to work hard to lose the ghetto image on a lot of things I do. You can take the kid outta the ghetto but ya can't take the ghetto outta the kid, they always say!


Beehives are a new fascination for me. My friend's daughter won half a beehive by entering an essay into a beekeepers organization. They went to a 5 hour class on beekeeping a couple weeks ago. Bees rock! I saw this yesterday in Hyde Park and had to snap a pick.



The side of a Schwann Truck in a junkyard in Cove, UT.



2 comments:

ali rippstein said...

i want this picture for my kitchen...or house...it is awesome!!!!!

Casey McFarland Photography said...

Funny you say that!! I designed it for Melanie to use in our kitchen. Email me and I will send you a copy. Glad to hear that there are some people following my blog. Hope you guys are loving your new place!